12 Mar 2009

YOU ARE HERE TO BE HAPPY

Today something had touched me……….
Spain has new Coca-cola spot, I’m sure all the Spanish people know about it but I want to share with this ones who don’t live in Spain.

As you know coca-cola publicity is always good, shows happiness and in general is quite emotive, quite touchy….but this one is different….
The advert shows the story of Pep Mascaro and Aitana, he is a granddad who is 102 years old (is a real person, he’s is from a small town in Mallorca, he has 6 sons, 33 grandsons and 38 grand grandsons) and Aitana who is a newborn baby girl in Madrid ….. all the story is real, you see the granddad is his real life how active he is, what he likes to do…..and how he takes the first plane of his life to go to Madrid to meet Aitana….. and at the same time they show us how Aitana arrive to the world, so, they reunited the youngest and the oldest person in the country…
And the whole point of the story is…..
"What would you say to someone who came into the world at a time like this."


And the message (is the voice in off in the advert which is in spanish sorry….) from Pep Mascaro (the 102 years old grand dad) is the following:
"Hola Aitana , My name is Josep Mascaró and I am 102 years old. I'm lucky, lucky to have been born, like you.
Lucky because I could hug my wife, for having met my friends, for having said good bye to them, to still be here. You must be wondering what was my reason for coming to meet you today and will be many people who will tell you that how did you think about to arrive at such a times, that there is a crisis that is impossible to be here... ja!!!! that will make you strong.
I have lived worst moments, but in the end, the only thing you'll remember are the good things. Do not entertain yourself in nonsense an find what makes you happy, the time runs too fast.
I lived 102 years and I assure you that the only thing you will not like of life is that is too short.
YOU ARE HERE TO BE HAPPY. "


You can watch it in here:

Even in Spanish is worth watching it…..it really touch you…
I guess as many as you will do watching it I couldn’t stop thinking about my granddad! He was so much like him!!! And even he’s not with us anymore I want to dedicate this post to all the granddads and grandmas in the world, because they deserve it, because even they had it worse they had done it and because without them none of us would be here.
And remember even sometimes life looks difficult:
YOU ARE HERE TO BE HAPPY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Muy muy bien.